LVR State MuseumRetour à la liste des projets
- Bonn, Allemagne
- Landscape Architects
- Förder Landschaftsarchitekten, Essen
Right down the line
Even in broad daylight this building catches the eye: The threestory wooden cuboid structure belonging to the LVR Museum in Bonn is surrounded by a glass façade. Modern architecture with a feel to it that is both straightforward and yet decidedly bold. And it boasts another highlight – in the truest sense of the word. A sunken stainless steel slit drainage gutter runs along the outdoor terrace with a line of light integrated into it over a distance of 23 meters. Here, shape and function complement each other perfectly – firstly, because this allows for discreet, high quality drainage and secondly because of the LED lighting: the opaque grouting lights up the greened area outside the restaurant facilities over their entire length.
The slit drainage gutter with its integrated line of light is a product by TTC Technology/ADO Lights. And there is more to it than mere aesthetic effect. The technology on which the line of light is based is part of the museum’s modernized lighting concept. Over a period of three years the old halogen lamps have been gradually replaced by energy-efficient LEDs. Thanks to the durability of LED lamps this means that over a period of 20 years the museum will now be able to save more than 7,000 metric tons of CO2. This is why the Federal Environment Ministry has awarded the decision-makers at the museum a certificate for “Climate protection projects in social, cultural and public facilities”. The line of light also uses LEDs to brighten the greenery marking the boundary of the outdoor terrace. Over its entire length and reaching into every corner. This soft light is another plus point, contributing to the museum’s special atmosphere and making it a pleasure to behold, even after nightfall.
Slot Channel + LED LightLine | Products
- 23 metres slot channels with LED LightLine type LLF 30.12
- Stainless steel 1.4301, Plate 1.5 mm, channel height 200 mm
- Channel case with one-sided asymmetric rising slot inlet, inlet slot 15 mm
- 2 inspection boxes for slot channels made of stainless steel with outlet DN100 incl. mud trap, with inspection opening (paveable inspection box)
- LED LightLine integrated on slot inlet, 120 mm wide, opaque casting without twilight zones, light colour white 3,000 K, 24 VDC, 19 W/m, protection class IP68, dimmable, incl. converter and fine protection device against overvoltage
- 1 inspection box for power supplies, 400 x 400 x 300 mm, made of stainless steel for storing the power supplies fine protection incl. inspection opening (paveable inspection box)